Thursday, March 31, 2016

Urban Trail Bike Ride

The kids are on spring break this week, which they are loving! Eric stayed home with them the first two days of the week and I'm home the rest of the week (2 days of working from home, 1 day off from work).

After I finished up with work yesterday, I decided it was time for the kids to burn off some energy, so we opted to take a family bike ride on the Urban Trail. We have been having a few days of absolutely stunning spring weather, so it was an ideal opportunity to dust the cobwebs off of our bikes, don our helmets, and take to the trail.

The kids did a great job on our ride. Annika was a regular speed demon and Conor showed how quickly he's mastering riding on a 2-wheeler bike (a skill he learned last fall). He's still figuring out the fine-tuned balance, so grips the heck out of his handlebars (the best comment of the day was, "Mama? I need to take a break because my thumbs are tired.")

Such a fun outing and great way to spend a spring evening.  (I'd like it noted that many of these shots were taken while I was riding my bike ... I risked life and limb for a few action shots of the kids.) :)








No comments: